Monday, December 22, 2008

Oy...the Holidays

We’ve entered the season...you know, gift buying, parties and friends, cooking and baking. I love the holidays, beginning with Thanksgiving all the way through to New Year’s.

We had my office Holiday/Anniversary party the first weekend of December. An intimate gathering of staff and spouses at
Canoe. We had a private room downstairs in the wine cellar. Our server, Evan, was the perfect combination of service and unobtrusiveness. We spent a nice evening getting to know two new staff members of our office and their spouses, as we were fortunate to sit at the end of the table with these two couples immediately next to us. The food was delicious, the wine plentiful, and the conversation interesting. All in all, an enjoyable evening.

The next weekend was Mr. Man’s office holiday party. In contrast to BCK, with 14 people, Macro’s party is for 100+ people. It... is... a... PARTY! Open bar, buffet, karaoke, a DJ and dancing. We are talking high energy. Mr. Man danced all night and had a fabulous time. The music was a little too loud for me (I know, I know) and there wasn’t much diversity in the type played, so I didn’t dance as much as I usually would. Typically, I spend the evening hanging out with my friend, Mari, while Mr. Man makes his speech and hands out awards, but she and Bob (and Noah and Zoe) have moved to Manila where Mari is working on a two year contract with World Vision.

Then Sunday was the first night of Hanukkah. Manda and Rena had dinner with Rena’s family, but came by beforehand to light the candles and open a gift. Manda is still a kid when it comes to opening a present, and I expect we may see her every night...

No comments:

Post a Comment