Saturday, October 1, 2011

Prelude to Paris

UPDATE:  I was unable to link to Picasa for photos, so decided to wait until our return before posting about the trip—no one really wants to see all of someone else's trip photos anyway (imagine being trapped at a dinner party where the hosts bore you with slides of their recent trip, yawn).  Perhaps this was a  blessing in disguise as I barely had the energy to make notes before falling exhaustedly into bed at the end of the day.

---------------------------------------
Despite my best efforts, and purchasing an Apple Photo Connector Kit for $29.99, I am unable to upload photos to the blog from my iPad2.  The connector works fine, I'm able to easily transfer photos from my camera to the iPad, it's getting them into Blogger that's the problem. I even tried uploading all the photos to Picasa, which works, but getting them into Blogger is still a problem; the iPad2 just doesn't support it.  This has diminished my love for the iPad slightly; after all, one of the reasons I bought it was for blogging while traveling [deep sigh].


So, here is my dilemma: do I write and upload the blog each night sans photos, knowing full well that without photographs reading about someone else's trip just isn't that interesting? I can always include a link (I think) to all the day's photos on Picasa and do an update with photos later, or do I just wait to upload all the postings complete with photos when I return?  Hmmm...


If anyone knows of a way to work around this problem (which, after too much time wasted on searching the web, I was unable to find) please let me know.


In the meantime, I hope you enjoy the postings even without the photos.

1 comment:

  1. Bummer...still post please (maybe using the link to picasa?)! I just told Gary I was looking forward to sitting down and seeing where you guys were in your adventures and so sad... no posts.

    ReplyDelete