Friday, February 25, 2011

Upcoming Art Auctions

Even though I received lots of positive feedback about the work I have hanging at Stone Soup Kitchen, I didn’t sell anything. Art is just not a priority in people’s budgets now days. That's okay.  It was a great experience, and I am donating one of the pieces to the Neighbor Charter School’s Right Brain Ball Silent Auction on March 5th.  This is my second year donating to them. Last year's piece was purchased by Grace Burley, who is heading the committee this year.  I was flattered when she asked if I'd be interested in donating again this year.  It’s a great cause and a good way to get my work in front of people, so, of course, I said yes.

Signs of Change
I’m also donating a piece to the Georgia Association of Women Lawyers Foundation’s Annual Charity Art Auction, which is April 16th. With this auction, I can keep some of the proceeds. I had to have the piece framed, which was an unexpected out-of-pocket expense, but, if it will get my work in front of a larger audience, it will be worth it.

Georgia Clay



No comments:

Post a Comment