Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Eat What You Sow

Wanting to use several vegetables from the garden yesterday, I decided to stuff a pork tenderloin for dinner, but didn’t know how to butterfly the tenderloin. So, like millions of people everywhere, I googled it, and low and behold, there was a video! I ran out to the garden and picked some swiss chard, sage, squash and green beans. I sautéed the chard with garlic, pine nuts, sage, bread crumbs, and roasted tomatoes (unfortunately I’m still a week or so away from using tomatoes from my garden).

I followed the directions for butterflying the tenderloin, and added the stuffing on top along with a little salt and pepper, and rolled it up. Googling how to tie up the tenderloin, I was again rewarded with a video. This went into a 400º oven for 20 minutes, while I sautéed the squash and green beans (which I had blanched earlier) with a little garlic and salt.

I let the tenderloin rest for about 15 minutes before slicing. A very simple and delicious meal from the garden.

1 comment:

  1. That looks fantastic. It's why we have gardens.
    Hey, I moved: www.acookblog.com

    I hope you'll keep following it at the new improved spot.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete